Monday, December 1, 2008

My Videocast

Okay, I ran into some problems with the videocast. Mostly this was due to 2 reasons: (1) It's Thanksgiving break so I haven't been able to work with my students or at my school to produce a sufficient videocast and (2) I'm not allowed to download programs to my school laptop without administrative rights. I tried downloading Camtasia to do a screencast, but the download was impossible with administrative rights. I have plenty of videos I can add to podomatic; however, none of which are educational or have to do with school.

The other problem I ran into was that my digital camera automatically records video using .pme files. Most media devices do not recognize this format. I tried using a program called "Switch" to change the the format of the video; however, I was unsuccessful. It worked for audio files but not video files.

Regardless, I tried running a "mock" screencast with my digital camera. It's not great, but I plan on doing another video with the kids in school tomorrow. Stay tuned....
You can check out the first video on my podomatic sight by clicking here or using the "My Podcasts and Videos" link on the right hand side. I've also added it right here in the blog.


No comments: